Design Manager, Barcelona, Spain
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering background preferred. (Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial engineering preferred but Architectural / Structural / Civil could be acceptable)
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in the Construction industry.
- Data centre / Industrial projects experience preferred but not essential (Oil & Gas acceptable)
- Solid experience required coordinating multidisciplinary teams
- Project management experience across all design phases (design fees time / cost management)
- Proven experience managing small teams
- Main contractor experience preferred but design / engineering office background acceptable
- Experience working on a BIM environment
- General knowledge of Spanish regulations, CTE, statutory permits.
- Maintenance of controlled document registers and associated documentation.
- Working in accordance with company procedures & guidelines.
- Managing the integration of the specialists’ models and fabrication drawings across all disciplines to ensure there is a co-ordinated design to be taken to site teams.
- The candidate will need to be already based in Barcelona / willing to relocate to Barcelona.
One Year with potential extension to other Mercury Projects.
Above-described responsibilities are for Project located in Barcelona.
Vacations and other standard compensations according with Spanish Legislation.
Salary to be discuss according with responsibilities.
Project Manager and BU Design Manager.
Spanish and English Language are mandatory
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.