In 2016, Mercury launched its Scholarship Programme to identify our top employees and reward these high performers with a scholarship opportunity.
Moreover, we aim to develop staff all the way from being apprentices and promote them into key roles within the company as we believe they will play an important role in the company’s future. Mercury give our trades & apprentices the opportunity to receive financial assistance through third-level education, as well as a professional position within Mercury throughout the duration and after the completion of their scholarship. The company offers a number of scholarships per year depending on the demand and quality of applications.
Mercury Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis and in the following areas:
- Quantity Surveying
- Project Management
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any Mercury employee, including all trades, supervisors, general operatives and apprentices are eligible to apply for this programme. who has successfully completed their six month probation period.
- Should the applicant be currently working as an apprentice, all phases 1 – 6 must be successfully completed with no outstanding referrals.
- Should the applicant be undertaking a role in Europe, they must complete a six month probation period on site prior to registering for their chosen course.
- The employee’s performance evaluation and absenteeism record will be reviewed in conjunction with the application.
- The successful scholar must adhere to all current terms and conditions in the Company.