In 2016, Mercury launched its Apprentice Scholarship Programme. The purpose of the Scholarship Programme is to identify our top apprentices and reward these high performers with a scholarship opportunity.
Moreover, we aim to develop apprentices and promote them into key roles within the company as we believe they will play an important role in the company’s future. Mercury give our apprentices the opportunity to receive financial assistance through third-level education, as well as a professional position within Mercury upon successfully completing the two years’ scholarship. The company offers up to ten scholarships each year.
Mercury Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis and in the following areas:
- Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveying
- Electrical Engineering
- Building Services / Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any apprentice employed by Mercury and has successfully completed phase 6.
- Probation period completed.
- Phase 1 – 6 of apprenticeship must be successfully completed with no outstanding referrals.
- The apprentice’s performance evaluation, absenteeism record and exam results will be reviewed in conjunction with the application.
- The company will not be accepting applicants who have withheld charges on their college phase fees. All fees must be paid if an apprentice is applying for the scholarship programme. Those paying college phase fees through a direct debit mandate with the company are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Programme.
- The successful scholar must adhere to all current terms and conditions in the company.