Business Unit Cost Controller, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide full support to Business Unit including,
- Management of the projects cost control, Revenue forecasting, Risk forecasting, Monthly project reviews.
- Responsible for the monthly reporting to commercial Director and Managing Director.
- Presenting month end review of projects.
- Ensuring project accounts are accurately reported.
- Responsibility for the forecasting of cash inwards & outwards and ensuring accuracy of information provided from project level.
- In depth review of project costs & margin.
- Monthly Project audit/review.
- Work with commercial managers to ensure company compliance is adhered to.
- Academically (Degree) qualified and or relevant experience in the industry
- 5+ years’ experience in a cost control / QS management role
- Experience in the construction sector required.
- Experience in use of Excel is a requirement
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience using SAP & Microsoft Office advanced user skills.
Mercury Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.