Sprinkler Estimator, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- As part of an established team of Fire Protection professionals the successful candidate will be involved reviewing incoming tender enquiries and prepare cost estimates based on required design standards and specification requirements for all Tenders, small works and maintenance projects.
- Preparation of tender submissions for all forms of fire protection systems, including sprinkler protection, gas suppression, water mist, hose-reels, fire hydrant and dry riser systems.
- Advising managers of bid prospects
- Attending pre & post tender interviews
- Complying specialist sub-contract quotes
- Ensuring sub-contractor quotes comply with specification
- Completing take-offs from tender drawings.
- Report regularly to management on competitor activity, market trends and any other market dynamics that may be useful to management.
- Liaising with Fire Protection Commercial / Operational Teams
- Prepare cost submissions for contract variations, including all back up data to ensure smooth transition at final account stage.
- Assist on project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- A Third Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying/Mechanical Engineering and/or Industry certification in Sprinkler design.
- A minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understand methods of measurement and the concept of cost/valuation reconciliations
- Computer literacy in relevant estimating packages
- Good working knowledge Sprinkler/Fire Protection work packages
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- A construction background
- Computer skills - Windows, MS Office
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.