Project Developer- Mechanical, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
The Project Developer will be part of a multi-discipline WorkFace Planning & Coordination team and will be responsible for producing mechanical & piping Work Packs in accordance with approved budget, schedule, quality, safety, health and environmental requirements.
You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. A right first-time approach is expected and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
Each Work Pack will provide construction solutions for a discrete portion of the defined scope of work, and will comply with relevant project codes, specifications and procedures.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Prepare construction Installation Work Packs (IWPs) for mechanical equipment, piping installation, module fabrication and hook-up and other construction activities in line with project schedule requirements
- Collate the related construction drawings and documentation, materials take-offs and liaise with engineering, planning and support services as required
- Maintain an overview of current Work pack Status and provide progress updates to the Work Pack team lead
- Understand all project technical standards, procedures and specifications and ensure work packs are compliant
- Interface with subject matter experts to include relevant construction and lifting designs, supporting sketches and establish all multi-discipline data required to complete the work
- Ensure relevant Health & Safety/Risk assessment and Permit to Work responsibilities are documented in all Work Packs
- Liaise with the Package Lead and Planning department to agree schedule for issue of Work Pack deliverables
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Discipline degree or equivalent engineer level qualification would be preferred but experience and training levels will be considered in conjunction with academic qualifications
- Experienced in Work Pack Development and conversant with construction and Work Pack processes
- Minimum of 5 years construction industry experience in brownfield/greenfield or hook-up & commissioning projects
- Good understanding of construction methods and inter-discipline relationships
- Conversant with relevant international standards and Codes or Practices and their application to design, procurement and construction activities, dependent on project work scope
- Computer Literate (experienced in using Microsoft Office and Navisworks 3D model software)
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now