Junior Structural Engineer, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can manage a project with oversight from proposal phase to construction administration.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications, design analysis and construction cost estimates
- Perform construction related services including shop drawing reviews, response to requests for information, periodic construction site observation, and occasional specialized structural inspections
- Collaborate with architects and designers and building contractors on design and construction of projects
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 1-2 years’ Experience working with a recognised Mechanical/Electrical contractor
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in use of systems software related to Engineering functions
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now