CSA Lead Engineer, Berlin, Germany
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work closely with all Business Units & support function directors & management to ensure the highest standards of CSA performance, deliverables, and value engineering is achieved.
- Head up, mentor and monitor the CSA activities of all CSA staff.
- Build the CSA team in conjunction with Project requirements.
- While the position is a head office support role the CSA QA lead will be required to travel approximately 50% of his/her time to all locations where Mercury is currently operating.
- Ensure all CSA QA processes are accurate and up to date for all Geographical locations where Mercury Operate.
- Provide valued input throughout all phases of a project from tender to handover.
- Support the coordination, monitoring & inspection of work on-site, in compliance with the contract, design drawings, specifications, regulations & standards.
- Provide documented findings on conformance and non-conformance to management.
- Review contract documents, design drawings and specifications to maintain familiarity and ensure operational business units and support functions have a full understanding of the requirements of all real & relevant CSA practices, relevant project documentation & employers’ requirements.
- Conduct project observations and spot-checks of work in progress, checking compliance, identifying & documenting any non-compliant practices and coordinating closure in line with approved methods and best practice.
- Ensure contract compliance, such as conducting tests specified and installing materials & equipment as specified in the contract, documenting & reporting deficiencies to management.
- Provide reports on related CSA matters, including third-party inspections, progress, quality, EHS and causes for delay.
- Prepare reports & KPI’s for Mercury Management.
- Maintenance & upkeep of detailed records.
- Liaising with supply chain subcontractors, suppliers and vendors, confirming that standards, building regulations, and legal requirements are achieved.
- Continuous improvement initiatives and activities as and when required
- All other duties associated with this role.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the construction sector.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional quality control/quality assurance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or other relevant degree.
- Chartered Engineering in either Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Demonstrate practical on-site experiences in CSA works of both a temporary and permanent nature.
- Demonstrated a high level of organizational, construction inspection, and record-keeping skills with an ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of industry QA standards, procedures, and processes.
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work).
- Master’s Degree in an appropriate field is preferred
- Industry recognized qualification in Quality Assurance
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now