Material Controller, Warsaw, Poland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
To ensure management of project materials both company and client supplied Free Issue from receipt up to and including issuance.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensure correct procedures for Material receiving, Material Storage and Material Issue at Site are always adhered to.
- Liaise with Project Procurement Manager and Expeditor on forecast deliveries so that adequate warehouse planning can be executed.
- To ensure correct storage techniques are used for storing materials including any required preservation.
- To ensure that the stores are kept in an orderly and proper manner.
- To ensure that an efficient delivery service is provided to the project from the warehouse and all documentation is recorded.
- Ensure proper and accurate usage of the company computer system for managing the warehouse.
- Ensure full commitment to the implementation of the procedures.
- Generate material reports as required and check for accuracy.
- Ensure stock reconciliation and traceability of materials issued from the warehouse by following the material issue procedure.
- Where used ensure that minimum stock levels are properly accounted for and utilized.
- Ensure excess / unwanted materials returned from site are adequately recorded and accounted for.
- Liaise with the Project Procurement Buyer regarding any delivery discrepancies and any other matters to be resolved.
- To ensure all deliveries are GRN’d correctly and in a timely manner.
- Resolve invoice issues regarding GRN discrepancies in a timely manner.
- To monitor and control the movement of company owned and hired equipment and transport (does not include vehicles allocated to individuals for personal use).
- To ensure that all external hire of Transport, Plant and Equipment is kept to a minimum and records are kept up to date.
- Liaise with the Group Material Manager and coordinate the removal and disposal of excess / scrap materials
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 5 years’ experience in stores / Material management
- Computer literate, particularly in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills
- SAP experience
- Construction project environment experience
- Electrical parts knowledge
- Mechanical parts Knowledge
- A Degree or equivalent in purchasing or other related discipline.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now