Design Manager, Frankfurt, Germany
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with client, Project Manager, Design team and consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
- Procure the design from a consultant design partner from initial tender enquiry to appointment.
- Assist Project Manager in incorporating onto a tracking sheet all internal and external design and cost issues.
- Manage distribution and production of project workload within the project team and design consultant team.
- Collaborate on new design issues/changes and research projects with team.
- Review completed design is accurate and precise.
- Manage design document control.
- Project prioritization of design, assignment and management to designers.
- Lead with effective supervision an experienced design team to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Closely track design deliverables to ensure project milestones are met.
- Implement recovery strategy if slippage is detected.
- Participate in departmental strategic planning.
- Assist technically internal and external customers.
- Planning, programming and reporting
- Participate in design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design and minimize futile work.
- Liaising with clients, insurance companies, consultants and architects.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and Organisational skills
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Excellent communication skills
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now