Purchasing Administrator, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Purchasing administrator will ensure assigned purchase orders are tracked and confirmed by the supplier to ensure the project teams have all the materials that they require at the right time and in the right place.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Liaise with all the suppliers to ensure order confirmation/ Acknowledgements are received in a timely manner for assigned purchase orders.
- Inputting Order Confirmation data into ERP System – SAP
- Track PO’s till dates are confirmed and hand over to the Expedite team.
- Daily reporting of confirmed delivery date status
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Weekly reporting on Purchase orders confirmed status
- General Purchasing/ Procurement Administration Office Duties
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned from time to time.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Excellent Communication Skills and able to build a strong Supplier relationship
- Computer skills- SAP, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio
- SAP experience
- Construction project environment experience desired but not essential
- Electrical/ Mechanical parts knowledge desired but not essential
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now