Mechanical Lead, Frankfurt, Germany
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the project team and the Mercury Safety Advisor. This will include the set-up, management of and closing out of the safety file
- Management of Site QA, specifically with regards to the Mechanical package including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Mercury Project team, consulting Engineer and Client requirements
- Management of all costs associated with your package including:
- Mercury Mechanical Team
- Material deliveries and goods receipting.
- Plant and Equipment
- The junior engineers in your group will report on schedule progress to the planners.
- You are required to mentor the junior members of your team. The project PM and/or Director will assist in providing guidance in this regard.
- Ensure that the assigned procurement person has a full buy-out schedule in place for your discipline, and that all materials and equipment are being purchased and delivered to site on schedule.
- Management of all day to day site operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minute meeting with sub-contractor.
- Management of the Mercury “In Progress” snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable.
- Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager
- Upload to the project Filekey system, with the support of the project QS, internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, e.g.: late deliveries.
- Issue internal weekly progress report, to the Project Manager, highlighting areas not available, and delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage. This will be rolled up into the external Project report.
- Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team.
- Issue weekly safety stats & project labour projections.
- Hold weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are been captured and costs issued to the client.
- Develop and implement company procedures with your team.
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
- All other duties associated with this role
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- A trade and/or relevant third level qualification
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in Project Management
- Proven record of coordinating and managing large installation projects
- Experience dealing with Industrial Relations issues
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Experienced in design and build
- Good technical knowledge of both Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well within strict deadlines
- Ability to drive a large-scale project
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now