BIM Lead, Berlin, Germany
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Provide project leadership and direction to the BIM team on designated projects
- Performance mange BIM personnel on designated projects – delegating and managing the workloads as required.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to BIM project team
- Ensure workflows are in place and the team understand said workflows.
- Work closely with the design teams as required, ensuring agreed workflows are in place to interaction with the design team for timely sign off of drawings. Escalate as required.
- Ensure Project deliverables and deadlines are met in accordance with agreed project schedules.
- Ensuring BIM deliverables are in place at project commencement and agreed with the project manager/ Sector manager
- Provide weekly project reports in accordance with BIM standard reporting procedures – highlighting status, issues and plans with PAS, including constraint logs, hours consumed vs hours forecasted for the BIM team.
- Where issues arise provide early reporting to appropriate management personnel.
- Interface with the client as required.
- Attend project meeting as required, protecting Mercury’s and the BIM team’s interests as required.
- Provide innovation and efficiency guidelines and direction to the BIM project team.
- Drive the BIM team strategy, tactics and plans across the project team and wider BIM department and local BIM team.
- Role model Mercury Values to the wider BIM department.
- Travel to sites (both in Ireland and abroad) may be required.
- Networking and an ability to work well in teams is a requirement
- Responsible for production of 3D Construction models from base information – Base Design, PID’s, Scan & point cloud data
- Provision of construction detailing on the systems to enable the automatic production of isometrics and BOM
- Clash management on all systems
- Design and detailing of services support systems
- Adherence to Mercury CAD and BIM manuals and processes
- Collaboration with other trades
- Field surveying and verification
- Management of drawing schedules
- Development of models and reports in line with scheduling requirements
- Problem solving and resolution of co-ordination and design road blocks
- Production of GA’s and detailing sheets
- Attendance at design and construction reviews
- Assistance in the overall development of the BIM protocols and systems
- Training and mentoring of new entry staff on completion of training modules
- Liaison with Mercury site staff in interpreting and amending models
- Ensure integration of models into federated model for overall co-ordination
- Development of 3D coordinated services and structure layouts for clash control
- Remain fully up to date with the drawing management
- Development of mechanical & electrical systems and designs coordinated building services layouts, management of drawing registers and standards.
- Technical report writing
- The production of builders works schedules and associated drawings
- Production of 3D design drawings, prefabrication isometrics and details
- Complete material procurement schedules
- Programming (timelines) for projects
- Attend design, client & site meetings as required
- Deal with sub-contractors, client consultants and GC to ensure correct installation
- Operate to health + safety requirements
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Mercury’s EHS Policies and systems
- Co-ordinate installation of mechanical services with other trades
- Ensure QA/QC compliance
- All other duties associated with this role
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 5+ years’ experience as BIM Lead
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.