Group Head of Payroll, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
The Group Head of Payroll will be responsible for developing and driving the Group payroll strategy at Mercury.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support development and execution of the Group Payroll strategy in cooperation with Project leadership and Regional/Functional Leads; provide industry expertise to assist Mercury’s decision making.
- Lead the implementation of regional payroll solutions and integration with stakeholders.
- Support the operational goals and objectives. Anticipates needs, identifies necessary resources (people and capital); assesses opportunities against business objectives, manages risk and determines creative means to implement new & innovative technical & process solutions.
- Works with HR, Finance and Region Leads to identify, prioritise, and implement process, control and policy improvement opportunities. Champions a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support the development of a Group Payroll scorecard.
- Operationally, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring Group payrolls are processed timely and accurately.
- Compile Monthly and Weekly Payroll information and liaise with third party Payroll provider.
- Reconcile/post to general ledger any relevant or related payroll activities.
- Support employees across the Group with payroll related queries or issues.
- Ensuring Payroll procedures are compliant with internal regulations.
- Ensure that Mercury’s Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on Mercury’s behalf.
- Lead a team of six+ employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. country and regulatory requirements).
- The successful candidate will influence and guide HR and Finance in managing the local payroll operations of the Group.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria
- Degree educated and Accounting qualification desirable.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Strong project management experience and analytical skills and manages through metrics.
- Established cross country/regional leadership experience.
- Strong Payroll/Time process and HR functional expertise.
- Strong communication, leadership, interpersonal, influencing and cross-functional teamwork skills.
- 7-10 years of Global Payroll/Time and payroll outsourcing experience within a shared service environment.
- Ability to handle competing priorities.
- Track record of continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication, writing and facilitation skills.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now