Civil/Structural Engineer, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Mercury is currently looking for an experienced civil / structural engineer to join our pre-construction team. The role will be based in our head office in Dublin.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and independent individual that can contribute to our team with deep knowledge and understanding of the civil and structural parts of a construction project.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
The role will be focused on reviewing the civil and structural design of the projects we are tendering, including activities such as:
- Engage with designers for proposals on detailed design development
- Review the structural design and examine if alternative construction methods can be implemented
- Review the construction methodology to identify programme implications and any necessary temporary works.
- Engage with supply chain and prepare subcontract packages
- Review subcontract proposals and develop technical / commercial comparison for evaluation and selection of preferred bidder
- Review requirements for lifting and cranes and develop a crane strategy for the project.
- Review project logistics to identify temporary works necessary to build and manage the project.
- Identify project risks and mitigation plans to deal with these risks.
- And many other interesting aspects of the project and the tendering process.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- M.Sc. of civil / structural engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as civil/structural engineer in construction or engineering.
- Fluently communicating in German or French is an advantage.
- Site experience for a contractor is an advantage.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.