Shift Engineer/Day Technician, Slough, U.K
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Daily facilities inspection and maintenance for Data Centre E&M facilities
- Perform re-lamping and facilities repairs
- Supervise Vendors to carry out scheduled facilities maintenance during weekend
- Escort Vendors for regular cleaning in Data Halls/ Critical areas
- Escalate problem / incident to Engineer or Manager
- Incident handling
- Assist Manager / Engineer to handle Customers’ IT equipment racks
- & equipment move-in.
- Perform Burn-in Test & Current Leakage Test for Customers’ IT equipment
- Provide 7 x 24 shift duty service
- Manage and Monitor the Data Centre Infrastructure Management System (DCIM) and all sub systems including but not limited to BMS, PMS, and SMS. Assist Engineer to update Inventory list / Asset list …etc.
- Coordinate with local utility company and conduct routine check and maintenance
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- National Certificate “Staatlich geprüfter Techniker” or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of facilities operation in Data Centre/Telecommunications industry
- Familiar with a minimum of two types of critical facilities (Chiller/Cooling Tower, CRAC, UPS, STS, Genset, Nitrogen gas suppression System)
- Holder of national certified Technical certificate or qualifications：Holder of electrical specialist (EFK)) that is proofed by the German Handwerkskammer (HWK) ->Gesellenbrief (certified), or the Industry- und Handelskammer (IHK) ->Facharbeiterbrief (certified).
- 7 x 24 shift duty required
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now