CSA Package Lead, Paris, France
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Manage the co-ordination of the Civil and Structural work packages.
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with Mercury Safety Advisor, including set up, management of and closing out of file
- Management of Site QA in conjunction with Mercury Project Manager and team including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Planner, Project Managers, Sub-Contractors and consulting Engineer/Architect to Mercury Engineering and Client requirements
- Management of all costs associated with Project with the support of the project QS including:
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day to day site operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor.
- Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team
- Liaise with design team and project coordinator to ensure necessary information (as required by construction team) is prioritised (where necessary) and issued is issued in accordance with construction schedule.
- Ability to think methodically and possessing strong problem-solving skills to resolve design and development issues.
- Technical skills
- Understanding of site technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- Understanding of structural detailing and required calculations.
- Sound Mathematical and IT skill
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Issue Daily Report to the Project Manager
- Issue weekly safety stats & project labour projections.
- Hold weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are been captured and costs issued to the client.
- Develop and implement company procedures with the project managers
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
- Review drawings and setting out details
- Ensure builders works drawings for services incorporated in basebuild.
- Carry out distribute & close out CSA snags
- All other duties associated with this role
Essentia Criteria for the Role:
- Degree qualified in Civil or structural Engineering or equivalent
- French & English speaking with excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Experience working with a recognised groundworks/ RC frame sub-contractor
- At least 5-7+ years of site management experience
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.