Sprinkler Pipefitters, Ireland
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
We are looking for Sprinkler Fitters to join the team in the Limerick and Tipperary area of the country
Scope of the Role:
We are looking for Sprinkler Pipefitters to join our maintenance and small works department within our Fire Protection division.
Although experience is preferable we do have a training programme in place to improve the competencies of fitters new to Sprinkler works.
Enrolment in the Victaulic University, inhouse familiarisation of the latest valve set arrangements and on site pump house procedure training all in place for new starts. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to advance into Fire Sprinkler Installation
Responsibilities of the role:
- Experienced sprinkler pipe fitters.
- Although we do try and place Operatives geographically close to jobs, some country work will be involved
- Knowledge in all types of sprinkler systems.
- Able to work on own initiative / lead fitter.
- Full drivers’ licence. (optional).
- Liaise and build relationships with clients.
- Competent in draining / refilling sprinkler systems.
- Competent in operating fire pumps / related fire alarms
- Planning and working from sprinkler drawings.
- Knowledge in LPC and FM sprinkler rules.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Safe Pass / manual handling
- Experienced sprinkler pipefitters
- Flexible to travel
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline.
- National Craft Certificate
- Ability to manage a job to completion / attend white board meetings.
- Flexible for outside of normal working hours.
- A construction background
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now