Fire Protection Design Engineer, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
We are looking for creative and innovative Fire Sprinkler Designers to support the Fire Protection Business Unit. The Fire Sprinkler Designer prepares code compliant fire sprinkler designs using Autocad and Revit based software for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for all aspects of sprinkler design, including hydraulic calculations, shop drawing preparation, stock listing, and project management
- Design and layout of fire protection systems to meet LPC / NFPA / FM criteria
- Coordinate piping layout with other trades
- Troubleshoot issues raised by insurance, customers and installers
- Prepare hydraulic calculations and project submittal drawings
- Receive and respond to customer design needs
- Maintain project drawing files and associated files
- Assists in field surveys and system testing/commissioning
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Previous experience in the fire protection industry (minimum three years)
- Competent working knowledge of applicable standards
- Ability to read and effectively interpret architectural/engineering plans, schematics, design drawings, etc.
- Proficient in Revit and Autocad (Autosprink would be of benefit)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be responsible, personable, detail oriented, and self-motivated with solid organization and time management skills that lead to timely completion of projects
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.