Junior Buyer, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Deliver best in class performance through professional, competitive and efficient buying processes, controls and systems.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To obtain quality goods and services in both a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Sourcing suppliers and service providers.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and service providers.
- Arrange for the purchase and delivery of goods.
- Create purchase orders using SAP.
- Conduct bid analysis and make recommendations.
- Assist with department admin where required
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work well as part of a team towards a common goal.
- Negotiating experience
- A third level qualification preferably in supply chain or other related discipline.
- Previous SAP experience.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.