CSA Lead Estimator, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including: Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Scope of the Role:
The CSA Lead Estimator will be responsible for the preparation of an accurate, detailed civil structural and architectural estimate from start to finish with assistance from the pre-construction team. It is important that the Lead Estimator understands basic construction technology. Prepare a Bill of Quantities using 2D drawings and or BIM models. Engage with supply chain locally to obtain sub-contractor quotes/current market rates for incorporation into each tender. Produce an accurate, fully priced bid including a BQ encapsulating all works required by the client requirements as well as the current market rates at that point in time, for presentation to the Group CSA Estimation Manager. Complete the Client Pricing Document(s) for submission to the Client.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Lead the bid: take ownership of the project and complete the estimate from start to finish presentation to the Group CSA Estimation Manager.
- Scope identification: taking receipt of the tender documentation, preparing the project overview identifying the scope required and the tender returns required.
- Analyse drawings, specifications, tender addenda and all other documentation to ascertain the work elements need to be measured and priced for inclusion in the Bill of Quantities. Also, to ascertain the phasing requirements on each tender.
- File finalised documentation for future reference as per company filing structures.
- Quantification of work: be competent in Cost X estimation work practices for both 2D and 5D applications. Liaise with design team members to obtain necessary information
- Pricing: obtain quotation from the local market from vendors or subcontractors.
- Interrogating these quotations for scope gaps and variances and inputting correct figures into the bid.
- Carry out mid-bid meetings with supply chain.
- Carry out a Sub-Contractor trade package tender analysis by levelling the quotations and comparing with your own pre-prepared budget and identifying the best value quotation.
- Liaise with construction team to obtain rates reflecting actual costs on previous projects, and lessons learned from previous projects.
- Ascertain lead in times from supply chain.
- Change Management: keep up to date with all tender addenda issued both pre-tender and post tender and analyse all for change.
- Schedule these changes and apply rates for updated/revised tender bid submissions.
- Assist with any value engineering proposals by identifying and providing costs for same.
- Time Management: demonstrate excellent time management to achieve tight deadlines.
- Time is of the essence in preparing Bill of Quantities, so it is essential the candidate can demonstrate this competency using approximate quantities and composite rates where necessary.
- Mentoring and supporting junior staff
- Travel: there will be a requirement to travel occasionally for day trip or overnight to attend both post and mid-bid client meetings
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
- 7+ years' experience in Quantity Surveying/Estimating role
- Data centre CSA commercial experience required.
- Competent in the use of Cost X, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Bluebeam and BIM 360 Proven track record tendering on projects over €40-50+m
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of competency in BQ preparation and pricing.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now