Environmental Engineer, Warsaw, Poland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Focal point within Mercury for all issues related to environment and sustainability
- Manage and track compliance with all environmental approvals, licences, and permits relating to the site.
- Provide advice and input into the identification and effective management of environmental risks.
- Support the development, implementation and ongoing management of project environmental management systems
- Support the maintenance of comprehensive environmental records.
- Liaise with government bodies and professional organisations on environmental matters as required.
- Manage environmental consultants and undertake field monitoring as required.
- Conclusion and submission of required regulatory paperwork
- Drive/manage Environmental (awareness) training for all project personnel (toolbox talks, etc)
- Monitoring and supervising the correct implementation of the Environmental & LEED Management Plans (Pollution Prevention Plan, Waste Management Plan, Indoor Air Quality MP, etc). Ensuring all inspection related are carried out at an appropriate frequency and that sufficient information is being gathered and actioned where required.
- Interfaces with internal and external team members, including clients, project managers, architects, engineers, contractors, and commissioning agents.
- Coordinates with Mercury Environmental/Sustainability Manager to ensure internal goals and processes are met.
- Focal point for The Sustainability Tool Tracker+.
- LEED: Conducts technical reviews of material and construction documentation for quality assurance and assuring required certificates (EPD,VOCs, Recycled contents) are gathered in line with LEED scorecard.
- LEED: Communicates with third-party certifiers (e.g. GBCI, The GBI) throughout the review process, when needed.
- LEED: Overall supervision of LEED process on the construction side and ensuring that the points on LEED scorecard are achieved where possible.
- LEED: Develop Monthly LEED Report to inform progress on the certification process.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- LEED Green Associate (or ability to earn accreditation within 3 months of employment); LEED AP BD+C preferred
- Thorough knowledge of high performance/sustainable building design strategies, including an understanding of relevant sustainable building codes and standards (e.g. ASHRAE 90.1, ASHRAE 62, ASHRAE 55, ASHRAE 189.1, IECC/IgCC, Greenguard, EPD, etc.) - Not totally necessary
- Knowledge of or experience with sustainability certification program LEED, and any associated iterations in Italy.
- Support the communication process to keep management informed of any relevant changes to legal, regulatory and project environmental requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all relevant legal, regulatory and company environmental requirements.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience working on AEC projects; with a sustainability focus preferred particularly in LEED.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or a related field preferable.
- Fluent in both English and Polish languages essential.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.