Electrical Construction Manager, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the project team and the Mercury Safety Advisor. This will include the set-up, management of and closing out of the safety file
- Management of Site QA in conjunction with Mercury QA Manager including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Mercury Project team and Project manager.
- Management of, and tracking of all costs associated with Project including:
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day to day site operations
- Direct management of Mercury Engineering project team including alignment of all discipline leads to the benefit of project goals.
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor.
- Management of the Mercury “In Progress” snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable.
- Ensure direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours are reported to time administrator for tracking centrally.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Assistance with the close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager
- Ensure your team contributes to the internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, e.g.: late deliveries.
- Review the weekly progress report before it is issued to all stakeholders. Highlight areas not available, and delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage
- Drive the Mercury Engineering culture of safety and quality through the project.
- Provide the safety and quality leadership required on all Mercury projects.
- Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team.
- Record weekly safety stats & project labour projections.
- Ensure that there are weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are been captured and costs issued to the client.
- Develop and implement company procedures with the package managers
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
- All other duties associated with this role.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.