Graduate Buyer, London
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
You will make sure that the project teams have all the materials they require at the right time in the right place. You will be part of the international team of buyers who are in different sites across Europe and get your first experiences in the exciting world of the Supply Chain.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Liaise with all the suppliers to ensure that the materials are received in a timely manner for assigned purchase orders
- Co-ordinate the logistics of goods and/services required for assigned projects
- Inputting order confirmation data
- Escalating any delivery disruptions with the project teams
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Creating internal expediting reports
- Preparing and issuing purchase orders
- Negotiating with the suppliers
- Onboarding new suppliers
- General Purchasing/ Procurement Administration Office Duties
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Ambitious and excited to grow their career
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of SAP system
- Attention to detail and consistent numerical accuracy
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communicator and proactive in dealing
- Proficiency in thinking creatively, problem identification and resolution
- Foreign language desired but not essential
- A third level qualification preferably in supply chain or another related discipline
- Construction project environment experience desired but not essential
- Electrical/ Mechanical/civil parts knowledge desired but not essential
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.