Graduate Fire Protection Engineers (Mech/Elec), Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
We are looking for someone available to start as soon as possible with a view of joining the Graduate Programme 2022
Our Graduate Programme:
At Mercury, we are committed to recruiting the best people and developing them to become the leaders of tomorrow. We invest in the training and development of our team and provide the support and experience you need to fulfil your potential.
Our Graduate Programme has proved greatly successful in empowering our graduates to develop the vital skills and competencies needed for a lasting career with us. We are committed to engaging and progressing new skills and knowledge through a combination of on-site, office-based, project-specific experience, experiential learning and formal training, providing our graduates with insights and experience across the business.
Mercury has been recognised by Grad Ireland as one of Ireland's leading graduate employers and last year saw our largest ever intake of 58 graduates and were nominated for Grad Ireland’s Graduate Employer of the Year award for 2020 and again in 2021. This was achieved despite the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic and further showcases our adaptability and innovation. We are determined to increase our uptake of graduates again this year and are committed to providing a rewarding and challenging programme, with an exciting range of graduate positions across the company.
Our structured training & graduate programme takes 18 months. The development programme is designed to set the demands of the working world as would be experienced by graduates. The courses are delivered by external and internal subject-matter experts in a dedicated learning environment. We have a strong link with Engineers Ireland, and we support graduates who wish to pursue Chartered Engineer status. Each Graduate is assigned a mentor in their first half and an executive coach in their second.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Role:
- To undertake the detailed design and draughting of Sprinkler drawings for current projects
- Development and understanding of 3D modelling
- AutoCAD operations, drafting, copying and printing
- Commissioning & Certification
- Costing, material requisition & surveying
- Planning, programming and reporting
- Hydraulic calculations
- All other duties associated with this position
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Ideally 2:1 Honours Degree / Expected 2:1
- Level 8 or relevant bachelor’s degree
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Adaptable and solutions driven
- Able to work in a team environment
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Good organization & co-ordination skills
- Flexible to travel
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Experience in the Construction Industry or Trade Background
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.