Logistics Manager, Brussels, Belgium
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Strategically plan and manage all Project Logistics, from Supplier/vendor to transportation to off-loading on site.
- Follow up and track site deliveries against the schedule. Use the PSR (Procurement Schedule Report) to ensure supplier/vendor deliveries conform to schedule.
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with Mercury Project Team, including site set up, and ensuring the safe and logical operation of site vehicles.
- Organise and monitor the storage of materials and their distribution across the site.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers and Sub-contractors procuring required plant, equipment, and materials.
- Maintain an up to date plant log including hire or purchase dates, off-hire dates, and repair requirements. Generally, maintain accurate records using on site system Eida where possible.
- Manage the operation of the site, scheduling and controlling all site deliveries.
- Implementing a ticketing system for site deliveries, ensuring that no access is granted to any haulier without prior notice.
- Ensuring that site security operate efficiently and understand their responsibilities.
- Manage Sub-contractors ensuring that they maintain a workable traffic management plan.
- Day to day direction of Sub-contractors with respect to site logistics.
- Management of all costs associated with Plant/equipment Management ensuring Off-Hire of equipment when not in use.
- Management of Site Set Up budgets with the QS including:
- Site Accommodation
- Plant and Equipment hire
- Storage facilities
- Security and Compound Management staff
- Supervise, coach and train site staff
- Developing a solution how to resolve above requirements based on collaboration with relevant business partners, internal and external
- Key project management responsibilities include creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the triple constraint for projects which are cost, time, and quality
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now