Engineering Facility Manager, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
We are sourcing an Engineering Manufacturing Facility Manager for our Offsite Engineering Facility. The Engineering facility predominantly supports the requirements of projects executed by Mercury Engineering Teams but may also support external client requirements. The facility manufactures a range including Modular Service Racks, Prefabricated Pipe Spools, Equipment Skid Packages (M&E) and many other offsite manufacturing opportunities.
The role includes the management of the overall facility performance to support multiple projects internal and external including the individual and integrated management of the many facility departments and inputs from the Mercury BIM/Design team which need to operate as one for a successful facility manufacturing and output.
Departments Detail Below,
- An Engineering team who review and interpret each specific project specification (M&E) in line with manufacturing and Project site requirements.
- A Structural team who review Project Steel Framing /support requirements for, Modular Racks, Pipe supports Skid Units etc.
- Piping Engineers who complete pipe spooling to facilitate effective site install or modular construction,
- Generate Material Take Offs from Project documentation to support both offsite and onsite execution. Utilize Engineering Management report to complete same.
- Review projects as a whole and identify offsite fabrication opportunities.
- Procure/engage exterior design resources where required e.g. large modular build project:
- BIM/Design team.
- The BIM/Design team while located external to the manufacturing facility will form part of the manufacturing team on specific projects.
- Requisition and management of material process with central procurement department utilizing the Engineering management Report.
- Inventory Management.
- Manage facility stock levels in conjunction with the requirement of fabrication elements at facility or satellite facilities.
- Arrange logistics/delivery of Project or Client required components from Pipe work spools to large Modular deliveries.
- Pipe Spool Fabrication
- Manage the day to day operation of a piping fabrication workshop including all associated resources to ensure a Lean and efficient process is executed.
- Modular Construction Combined Services M&E
- Manage construction of all services associated with Modular racks/ skids at facility or satellite facility.
- Ensure Project specific and Mercury Engineering quality plan are executed to ensure all manufacturing facilities deliver a quality product
- Steelwork/Secondary Supports
- Engineer manufacture/procure supports in line with specific project requirements.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
The successful candidate will be results will have a result orientated approach with strong analytical, leadership and organisational skills. The candidate will also have qualifications and experience as per below
- 7+ years of experience managing technical resources in an construction or manufacturing environment
- Masters or equivalent qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Design for Manufacturing,
- Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Process
- Detailed project management and implementation experience.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.