Expedite Material Coordinator, Kildare, Kildare
Expedite Material Coordinator
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Expedite Material Coordinator to ensure that the project teams have all the materials that they require at the right time and in the right place.
- The Expedite Material Coordinator will liaise with engineers to ensure that all material requirements are met on the EMR (Engineering material report) and that the delivery dates align with the project needs and work packs.
- Work with the suppliers and transport manager to ensure that materials are delivered to the place of need JIT. Expediting orders to meet project needs. Zero days late, no more than 2 days early.
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Coordinating supplier weekly schedules and tracking confirmed delivery dates in SAP.
- Liaise with the Site Materials Manager/ Logistics/ Package leads regarding delivery discrepancies and any other matters to be escalated
- Liaise with Central Stores on forecasted deliveries so that adequate warehouse planning can be executed.
- Create/generate/maintain weekly reports.
- Assist in creating process flows
- Work with Logistics/Warehouse and transport manager on delivery planning from supplier and off-site manufacturing sites.
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
3 years’ experience in expediting
- Excellent Communication Skills and able to build a strong Supplier relationship
- Computer skills- SAP, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Construction project environment experience
- Electrical/ Mechanical parts knowledge desired but not essential
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.