Structural Engineer, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Experience in designing steel, concrete and masonary structures.
- Understanding of construction techniques, sequences of work, Building Regulations and an up-to-date knowledge of products
- An ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment and an ability to produce accurate work to strict project deadlines
- Must be able to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks and projects
- Health & Safety awareness
- Proficient in the use of Structural design software and AutoCAD
- Experience of preparing Contract documents and Project Management would be an advantage
- Experience of inspecting construction works an advantage.
- Perform work in compliance with our Quality Management System
- Experience of Planning would be an advantage but not essential
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience
- BEng in Civil or Structural Engineer or relevant qualification
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and team working skills.
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Flexible and Enthusiastic
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.