Senior Buyer, Europe
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Scope of Role:
Deliver best in class performance through professional, competitive and efficient buying processes, controls and systems for their project(s). Mentoring and potentially leading junior procurement personnel.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for procurement to pay process from Sourcing to invoice clearance
- Mentoring and potentially leading junior procurement personnel.
- Write Procurement Project Execution Plans
- Develop procurement strategy for core commodities.
- Conduct Site Visits to meet with project teams.
- Create Procurement Schedules with project teams and planning function.
- Purchase equipment, materials and/or services for assigned projects.
- Secure the quality and timely delivery of goods and/or services required for assigned projects.
- Negotiate vendor alliances, rebate agreements, master service agreements.
- Assist in the reallocation or disposal of excess materials.
- Assist in proposals support when required.
- Ensure that the Authority Matrix is followed stringently.
- Expected to work with only general supervision.
- Create internal reports.
- Conduct complex bid process and do commercial evaluations.
- Identify new supplier sources and recommend new sourcing strategies in assigned area.
- Co-ordinate the logistics of goods and/services required for assigned projects.
- Independently consolidate and analyse information from various sources to develop effective procurement schedules.
- Conduct external reporting (Outside of Procurement Department)
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager
- Business Acumen
- Information Monitoring
- Maintaining performance under pressure
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Minimum of 6 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Ability to prioritize workload efficiently.
- Previous ERP experience.
- A third level qualification preferably in supply chain or other related discipline.
- Previous SAP experience.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employerApply Now