CSA Lead, Frankfurt, Germany
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including: Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential
Quality in Mercury
Mercury’s continued commitment is to deliver the best possible service to our clients. Quality is at the very heart of this service and of everything that we do. In Mercury we adopt an approach to quality that is right first time every time, putting quality before profit. Our approach to quality is built on a pillar of honesty and openness aligned with our client's needs. Our hands-on digital approach to quality provides us detailed analysis across all our projects and our entire supply chain. This enables continuous focus on improvements in our drive to deliver quality excellence. It’s our bold promise that Mercury will always deliver.
Mercury’s QA Team
Our QA team is spread across all our business units made up a mixed group of diverse, dynamic and experienced people from all construction disciplines. With more than 70 staff dedicated QA staff this team is second to none. The QA team also provides Business Unit leads who head up on-site delivery and use of our Digital Construction Management Platform among other innovative initiatives.
We are looking for a positive, energetic leader to join like-minded people in the Mercury’s QA team to head up, implement and improve civil, structural, and architectural (CSA) Quality Assurance measures across the Mercury group.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work closely with all Business Units & support function directors & management to ensure the highest standards of CSA performance, deliverables, and value engineering is achieved.
- Head up, mentor and monitor the CSA activities of all CSA staff.
- Build the CSA team in conjunction with Project requirements.
- While the position is a head office support role the CSA QA lead will be required to travel approximately 50% of his/her time to all locations where Mercury is currently operating.
- Ensure all CSA QA processes are accurate and up to date for all Geographical locations where Mercury Operate.
- Provide valued input throughout all phases of a project from tender to handover.
- Support the coordination, monitoring & inspection of work on-site, in compliance with the contract, design drawings, specifications, regulations & standards.
- Provide documented findings on conformance and non-conformance to management.
- Review contract documents, design drawings and specifications to maintain familiarity and ensure operational business units and support functions have a full understanding of the requirements of all real & relevant CSA practices, relevant project documentation & employers’ requirements.
- Conduct project observations and spot-checks of work in progress, checking compliance, identifying & documenting any non-compliant practices and coordinating closure in line with approved methods and best practice.
- Ensure contract compliance, such as conducting tests specified and installing materials & equipment as specified in the contract, documenting & reporting deficiencies to management.
- Provide reports on related CSA matters, including third-party inspections, progress, quality, EHS and causes for delay.
- Prepare reports & KPI’s for Mercury Management.
- Maintenance & upkeep of detailed records.
- Liaising with supply chain subcontractors, suppliers and vendors, confirming that standards, building regulations, and legal requirements are achieved.
- Continuous improvement initiatives and activities as and when required
- All other duties associated with this role.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the construction sector.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional quality control/quality assurance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or other relevant degree.
- Chartered Engineering in either Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Demonstrate practical on-site experiences in CSA works of both a temporary and permanent nature.
- Demonstrated a high level of organizational, construction inspection, and record-keeping skills with an ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of industry QA standards, procedures, and processes.
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work).
- Master’s Degree in an appropriate field is preferred
- Industry recognized qualification in Quality Assurance
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now