BU BIM Manager - Berlin/London, Berlin, Germany
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
As Business unit BIM Manager, You will report to the Mercury Group BIM manager with matrix reporting to the Business unit management team. You will oversee and manage multiple projects within the Business unit. Each project within the Business unit will have a BIM project Leader. You will oversee the production of project information models which contain 3D visualisations that bring together data, drawings and schedules associated with the design and construction phase of a project via the BIM Project leaders. The BIM (Building Information Modelling) manager will act as collaborator between the client’s team, design team, contractor team and supply chain. You will need to collaborate with senior construction, design and client management. Ensuring KPI are within expectations – with continuous improvement as a core expectation. The right candidate will have commercial acumen and the ability to complete project forecasting, developing & hiring of staff while also developing relationships with the Senior Mercury managers.
The BIM manager may involve some or all of the following duties:
- Acting as the intermediary between designers, clients and architects so that projects remain efficient and effective
- Working closely with BIM coordinators and BIM Project leaders, who are responsible for producing project information models
- Ensuring that BIM execution plans are produced and maintained for each project
- Management of sub-contractors.
- Completing supply chain assessments
- Roadblock removal
- Ensuring BIM project quality and schedule expectations are met.
- Supporting and auditing the project team and flagging non-compliances
- Training or upskilling colleagues in specific software programmes
- Ensuring staff have access to the tools and equipment they need
- Overseeing the purchase of workstations so that hardware is sufficient and effective
- Producing monthly reports for senior managers, to identify and measure BIM implementation
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in building technology
- Driving the implementation of digital information plans and strategies
- Leading meetings to identify project tasks and resolve issues
- Overseeing BIM budgets
- Supporting the career development, coaching and mentoring of a team of staff
- Raising the profile of BIM within across departments and teams
- Adhering to the latest industry standards.
- Travel is a requirement.
- Leadership skills
- Persistence and determination
- Ability to use your initiative
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Business management skills
- People management skills
- Ability to organise your time and workload
- Be flexible and open to change
- Have a thorough understanding of computer systems and applications – BIM360, REVIT, Autocad etc
- Proven track record as a BIM Manager or BIM Project leader.
- Working Knowledge of RIBA stages of work and ISO19650 required
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now