EHS Manager, Tel Aviv, Israel
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
At Mercury, we build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations.
Our solutions help deliver technologies that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things.
Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again, across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Semi-Conductor, Advanced Technology, Live Environment, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Healthcare & Building Services.
Our global team is over 2,800 people strong, and along with our supply-chain partners, we have 8,500+ people working on our client projects. We operate across over 16 locations in Europe and recorded overall turnover in excess of €1.5bn in 2021.
Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Adherence to the project & Mercury Engineering Safety Management system
- Adherence to relevant Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & legislation
- Adherence to Mercury Engineering & PSCS Environmental, Health & Safety Plans.
- Coordination in the development of task specific Method statements, risk assessments, safe plan of action, permit to work.
- Compliance with the project safety statement.
- Coordination of project safety indicators.
- Good Safety Practices are managed & maintained.
- Ongoing C.O.S.H.H assessments, control of hazardous substances.
- Safety interventions are completed & registered.
- Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions.
- Records of statutory inspections are available for project activities, tool and plant.
- Adopt a Proactive approach to project EHS requirements.
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Provide Safety input to site management & at site EHS forums.
- Ensure project sub-contractor adhere to project EHS policies & procedures.
- Mercury Engineering site induction & training is coordinated, managed & maintained.
- Project PPE is resourced & available.
- Compile & carry out Toolbox talks, as necessary
- Assist or carry out accident investigation reports in a timely manner & ensure communication to Mercury Engineering project management.
- Liaison with site Project Management on environmental, health & safety issues.
- Up to date documentation is included with the Safety File.
- Waste reduction and recycling programmes are maintained in line with project policies & procedures.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Relevant third level Certificate qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety NEBOSH certificate level qualification.
- 7+ years’ experience of managing health and safety on large construction sites.
- Thorough knowledge of current environmental, health and safety legislation.
- Experience in dealing with Documentation.
- Experience in working with General Contractor or Client-site.
- Flexibility in working patterns where necessary.
- Ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication & computer skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.