Electrical Engineer, Odense, Denmark
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
At Mercury, we build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations.
Our solutions help deliver technologies that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things.
Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again, across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Semi-Conductor, Advanced Technology, Live Environment, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Healthcare & Building Services.
Our global team is over 2,800 people strong, and along with our supply-chain partners, we have 8,500+ people working on our client projects. We operate across over 16 locations in Europe and recorded overall turnover in excess of €1.5bn in 2021.
Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Information reporting will be an essential activity to ensure activity targets/deadlines are met to support the project team. There will be an Engineering Task Log generated and managed by the Engineering Lead
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works. Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority. This will require generation/management of Requests for Information (RFI)
- Assisting the Installation Package team to manage the quality needs for the project on site, providing guidance to ensure we are compliant to all relevant standards/codes and specifications associated. This will include all site activities associated with validation and handover to the client.
- Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, etc).
- Management of the technical submittal, approvals
- Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need rates
- Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Management of Sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule and Weekly Meeting logged.
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
- Manage the Construction Work Packs process from development, implementation and handover. This will involve activities onsite to support our construction management team.
- Manage BIM priorities i.e. support team to develop modular concepts, Typical fabrication details and Isometrics generation and to release for construction. Validation of materials/assets within the model are also to be verified for construction. Change management is a critical process to be understood and controlled.
- You will be responsible to support and coach all junior engineers assigned to the project team their development is crucial to our organisation and industry.
- There may be a requirement to attend project meetings or “White Board Activity Planning sessions. This will depend on the needs of the project and your team manager.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 5 – 7 years experience working with a recognised Electrical contractor
- Excellent organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient in use of Navisworks and Database systems related to Engineering functions
- Familiar with Project /Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of modularisation (Off-Site fabrication)
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now