Testing Engineer, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensure pressure testing is completed in accordance with project specifications and to the Project QA plan.
- Engage with construction teams ensure optimum test boundaries are selected, manage any changes to initial boundaries, and ensure boundary mark-ups are on latest LSP revisions.
- Ensure alignment of the relevant test documentation and the Client Platform (PCT)
- Coordinate with Construction & QA teams to ensure any test exclusions/leave outs/deviation requests are documented and approved prior to commencement of tests.
- Prepare and agree test completion criteria and close out documents. Reference project specifications to assign required test criteria for each test pack in PCT including Test Pressure (PSI), Test Durations (hours), Test Medium, Fill Volume and Fill duration calculations.
- When required, conduct final field walks to ensure correct test set up in place (per agreed test boundary on marked up LSP) prior to commencement of testing.
- Manage BIM 360 Field Tasks for each test pack in and liaise with construction and quality teams to ensure prompt line tie ins and final walkdown of completed tests to permit test pack closure.
- Work hand in hand with the testing assistant construction manager to ensure that test materials; manpower and schedule are all in place to enable the testing team to deliver on time, every time.
- Liaising with Construction and Planning and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule.
- Development and use of forward-looking indicators to ensure all elements of the project are delivered in accordance with the project objectives.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc duties as they arise
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- 2 – 5 years’ experience working with a recognised Mechanical contractor in process mechanical/ pipework.
- Excellent organisational and project planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork and prioritisation skills essential
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Proficient in reading and interpreting P&IDs and Isometrics
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3
- Previous pipe testing experience
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.