Materials Controller, Frankfurt, Germany
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure management of project materials both company and client supplied Free Issue from receipt up to and including issuance.
Conduct and maintain all Tool and plant registers at site and liaise with T&P management for site requirements.
- Ensure correct procedures for Material receiving at Site are always adhered to.
- To ensure correct storage techniques are used for storing materials including any required preservation.
- To ensure that the stores are kept in an orderly and proper manner.
- To ensure that an efficient delivery service is provided to the project from the warehouse and all documentation is recorded.
- Ensure proper and accurate usage of the company computer system for managing the warehouse.
- Ensure full commitment to the implementation of the procedures.
- To monitor and control the movement of company owned and hired equipment and transport (does not include vehicles allocated to individuals for personal use).
- To ensure that all external hire of Transport, Plant and Equipment is kept to a minimum and records are kept up to date.
- Generate material reports as required and check for accuracy.
- Ensure stock reconciliation and traceability of materials issued from the warehouse by following the material issue procedure.
- Where used ensure that minimum stock levels are properly accounted for and utilized.
- Ensure excess / unwanted materials returned from site are adequately recorded and accounted for.
- Liaise with the Project Procurement Manager regarding any delivery discrepancies and any other matters to be resolved.
- Liaise with the Group Material Manager and coordinate the removal and disposal of excess / scrap materials
- Liaise with Project Procurement Manager and Expeditor on forecast deliveries so that adequate warehouse planning can be executed.
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned from time to time.
ESSENTIAL WORK ACTIVITIES
• Planning • Motivating
• Deciding • Learning / Researching
HSE AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain standards of HSE and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care of one’s own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years’ experience in stores / Material management
- Communication Skills
- Computer skills- Excel, Word
- SAP experience
- Construction project environment experience
- Electrical parts knowledge
- Mechanical parts Knowledge
- German speaking an advantage
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now