OSM Co-ordinator Manager, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- To support the engineering requirements through liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Information reporting will be an essential activity to ensure activity targets/deadlines are met to support the project team. The OSM Fabrication Facility Engineer will need to work closes with the site-based project engineers and provide updates on outputs and fabrication delivery schedules on a daily basis and updating progress through EIDA.
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works. Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full fabrication drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority. This will require generation/management of Requests for Information (RFI).
- Manage BIM priorities i.e. support team to develop modular concepts, Typical fabrication details and Isometrics generation and to release for construction. Validation of materials/assets within the model are also to be verified for construction. Change management is a critical process to be understood and controlled.
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, Fabrication timescales etc).
- Management of the technical submittals and associated approvals.
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
- Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need dates. The OSM Facility Engineer must co-ordinate closely with the site-based project engineers and construction team in relation to all OSM fabrication activities.
- Daily management of the material and stock levels on site in order to support the fabrication timelines. The OSM Facility Engineer must liaise closely with our supply chain to ensure their delivery dates support the fabrication / construction schedule and immediately escalate any issues and associated impacts to the Project Lead Engineer.
- There may be a requirement to attend internal project meetings or “White Board Activity Planning” sessions.
- Management of Sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule and Weekly Meeting log.
- Assisting the Construction Team to manage the quality needs for the project in the fabrication facility, providing guidance to ensure we are compliant to all relevant standards/codes and associated specifications
- Manage the Fabrication Work Packs process from development, implementation and delivery to site.
- Ensure Works are fabricated in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- You will be responsible to support and coach all junior engineers assigned to the project team their development is crucial to our organisation and industry.
- Update progress utilising EIDA on a weekly basis noting constraints if applicable. Monitor constraint with a view to eliminating daily.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Process pipe work experience essential
- Modular experience is an advantage
- Modular experience is an advantage
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now