Internal Controls Lead, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
As a member of the wider Internal Controls & Compliance team, the Internal Controls Lead will play a pivotal role in implementing control improvements across the organisation. The role will have primary responsibility for reviewing controls across our key processes and identifying and implementing process improvements across the organisation in accordance with defined control frameworks and industry standards.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Support the development and continuous improvement of internal controls across core processes and IT systems;
- Monitor and test compliance with existing internal controls;
- Support key stakeholders in the identification of key controls to mitigate risks within their respective BUs / Functions;
- Perform end to end reviews of core processes to ensure gaps are identified and addressed timely;
- Develop, in conjunction with the Risk Function, an appropriate risk framework for core processes;
- Promote a strong culture of internal controls and best practice.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Qualified accountant or equivalent accounting / business qualification;
- Internal controls experience in a fast-paced multinational environment;
- Proven experience in process improvement;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to work with initiative;
- Strong IT skills and advanced knowledge of SAP essential;
- General knowledge of the construction industry would be an advantage.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now