Assistant Facilities Supervisor, Frankfurt, Germany
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for assisting with Data Centre Facility Management operations
- Proven track record of handling Uptime Certification is a must
- Establish engineering and operation procedures and roll out for site staff.
- Observe and control of the laws and regulations, organize and manage the onsite electrical organization as an electrical specialist (GVEFK, Gesamt verantwortliche Elektro Fachkraft) with overall responsibility (qualification minimum Bachelor Professional/Master Professional Electrical).
- Ensure compliance with all local statutory regulations
- Emergency call support and site attendance for trouble shooting
- Implement the energy/cost initiative program
- Managing all vendors to carry out maintenance for all installations during weekend and review maintenance reports
- Development of technical service standard
- Assist manager to prepare Critical Environment procedures
- Provide solutions for technical issues
- Initiate a system to measure the quality of performance
- Initiate a preventive management program
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Plan per the Client’s requirement
- Manage and Monitor the Data Centre Infrastructure Management System (DCIM) and all sub systems including but not limited to BMS, PMS, and SMS. Update technical drawing regularly / Inventory list / Asset list …etc.
- Ensure all certificates are not expired, arrange renewal when required
- Incident handling
- Coordinate with local utility company and conduct routine check and maintenance
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- Minimum 5 years practical experience in facilities operation in Data Centre / Telecommunications industry
- With local certified license and abilities to coordinate with utility company and deal with High Voltage
- Familiar with critical facilities including Chiller/Cooling Tower, CRAC, UPS, STS, Genset, Novec 1230/Nitrogen, Pre-action Sprinkler System etc.
- Strong leadership, people and communication skills
- Strong PC literacy and proven ability to manage daily activities using various systems including MS excel and PowerPoint.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and German.
- Holder of national certified qualification in Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
- Provide 7 x 24 Emergency service (Non-office hours standby)
- Proved experience in acquiring TUV IT, ISO 9000/27000 PCI certificate for client
- Holder of national certified Technical certificate or qualifications：Holder of electrical specialist (EFK)) or at least The electrician for specified activities (EFKffT) that is proofed by the German Handwerkskammer (HWK) ->Gesellenbrief (certified), or the Industries and Handelskammer (IHK) ->Facharbeiterbrief (certified).
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now