Project Manager- Night Shift, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
The Project Manager is in overall control of all Mercury direct and subcontracted personnel working at night on our client site. The role entails all the elements expected of a senior project manager: Management and execution of Scope, Delivery to schedule, Delivery of flawless quality, People management and so on. This person is likely to manage a team consisting of approximately 500+ trades personnel, Engineers, Safety, Quality and all other support groups.
The Project Manager will liaise with the days personnel to ensure clarity of scope and execusion expectations, progress reporting, work set up and hand overs, and all other elements associated with project delivery on nights.
The management of the relationship with the client is crucial. As such, specific key relationships will be identified and management of these will be shared between the project director; yourself; the daytime Project Managers and the Tool Install Project Manager.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Work with planning and work plan teams to develop a schedule to meet the client’s schedule needs, and to deliver all milestones ahead of schedule.
- You own coordination of all activities on nights:
- Maintain a rolling 8 week look ahead of all works that will occur in your area.
- Agree dates and locations with the package leads for them to start and complete their works.
- Allocate laydown, logistics and office spaces within your area.
- You own ensuring that works are coordinated between Mechanical, Electrical and FP.
- Be exceptionally diligent in managing project changes. Ensure that a verifiable and verified paper trail exists for all changes.
- Deliver all project milestones on time, or ahead of time (all milestones to maintain positive float at all times). Where this is affected by conditions outside of Mercury’s direct control, ensure that delays and disruption are logged, communicated and appropriate contract notifications sent.
- Ensure that labour “snow ploughing” does not occur.
- Ensure that all Manpower, materials, equipment and tool requirements are understood in good time and make sure that none of these negatively impacts schedule or cost (forward looking constraints management of at least 8 weeks).
- You will develop the LPS/WWP in conjunction with the AWP team and you will ensure that it is implemented.
- Issue a weekly report internally and to client with:
- Last weeks accomplishments.
- 6 week look ahead.
- Areas where help is needed / constraints where help is likely to be needed.
- The planning department develops the schedule with the package leads.
- The package leads own the actual construction and testing / handover.
- Role model all aspects of working in a safe manner and ensure that all of your leadership team do the same.
- Safety indicators will be reviewed weekly across all of your supervisors and foremen in line with the overall project goals. You are specifically required to produce these indicators and review the same weekly at your supervisor meetings.
- As an area owner on the project you must work with the Project Leads to ensure the delivery of your scope in its entirety. As such, you must demonstrate a full and through understanding of all elements of the project delivery:
- You must understand of the scope under your control, and put in place plans to deliver the same:
- Start-up and ramp; execution; ramp down.
- Scope change control.
- Contract administration.You must understand the schedule for your scope and ensure that you are monitoring the progress in line with the overall project indicators. You must ensure that the project is in control at all times.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Excellent delegation and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills essential
- Works well within a team, collaborating where approproate
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now