Senior Engineering Manager, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Managing the engineering staff to ensure that the engineering principles and standards are adhered to. Direct the engineering staff to manage the production of construction drawings through to record drawings.
- Manage and supervise the technical submittal process, RFI process, quality, commissioning systems as required for the project.
- Ensure that there is a quality system meeting the engineering standard requirements for the project.
- Coordinates with the BIM staff to ensure the correct systems are in pace to capture coordination, builders work and support systems.
- Ensures that the electrical safety systems are designed into the project to support the Mercury Engineering LOTO policy. Technical supports to the construction team and commissioning team.
- Carrying out project site administration for Electrical Services
- Assessing and reporting on whether the works comply with legal requirements such as health and safety legislation, Building Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Assessing and reporting on whether the works are being carried out in accordance with the contract drawings and documents (which may include taking measurements and samples).
- Monitoring site conditions to ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Providing regular reports (often weekly) to the Project manager.
- Attending construction progress and site co-ordination meetings.
- Reviewing, monitoring and assisting with providing technical advice to resolve the M&E Contractor’s local co-ordination and or installation queries.
- Reviewing and reporting on the quality of the installations.
- Reviewing and reporting on compliance with campus and site protocols, service tie ins, cleanliness protocols and agreed method statements.
- Reviewing and reporting on the production of the digital safety files.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering
- Engineering degree to minimum of Level 8 is essential.
- Demonstrate experience in the role of electrical engineering building services include
- MV and LV distribution systems, generators, UPS systems, lighting & emergency lighting
- Small power, cable containment, lightning protection, earthing, fire alarm and security systems
- Have a good knowledge of electrical discrimination studies, load flow and cable sizing
- Support the commissioning teams to develop the commissioning plan
- Demonstrate a knowledge of all electrical code of practice, engineering codes, standards and standard industry practices
- Have a knowledge of the commercial value of engineering systems and be able to undertake value engineering initiatives
- Manage staff to engage in construction drawings, technical submittals and the RFI process
- Ensure an electrical safety system meet the minimum electrical safety standards required by code of practice
- Good communication skills and be comfortable engaging with the client and project stakeholders in regular meetings and project communication
- Experience in the data centre industry involving the following electrical services:
- MV and LV Distribution Networks
- Main Switchboard and Sub Distribution Board Installations
- Generator Systems
- Power Factor Correction
- UPS systems
- Sub-mains distribution systems
- Tray and trunking installations.
- Lighting and Emergency Lighting Installations including site lighting
- General Services and Small Power Installations.
- Structured cabling installations and associated Fibre Networks
- Fire Alarm Installations
- Access Control Installations
- CCTV and Intruder Alarm Installations
- Electrical services & Controls for Mechanical Plant.
- Energy Monitoring Systems
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now