Commissioning Manager - Slough, UK, UK
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Management of all Mercury’s commissioning responsibilities on site. This will include the setup, management of and closing out of the Commissioning plan for the project.
- Management of direct reports (commissioning and testing personnel on site).
- Management of the Commissioning Tagging process and procedures.
- Reporting Progress on all Commissioning activities both internally and externally.
- Chairing weekly commissioning meetings and directing weekly commissioning activities.
- Chairing daily whiteboard meetings on commissioning.
- Attending the Main Contractor and clients weekly commissioning meetings and reporting out weekly progress.
- Development of the Project commissioning schedule in conjunction with the project planners.
- Management of Mercury’s “Lock Out – Tag Out” Processes and procedures
- Management of Area Control Permits for all areas under Mercury’s control (Primarily Electrical Switch rooms) to ensure that all areas are restricted and controlled.
- Responsible for the Compilation of all Testing and Commissioning Documentation including verifying and signing off on all results.
- Familiarity with and management of Project Commissioning Schedule in conjunction with other trades, Package Leads, consulting Engineer and Client requirements.
- Ensuring that all testing and commissioning manpower is tracked on the site Labour allocation Tracker sheets and issued daily.
- Assist with the management of all costs associated with your package including:
- Mercury Electrical Team
- Mercury Mechanical team
- Material deliveries and goods receipting
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day to day on site commissioning operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor.
- Management of all Mercury commissioning related snagging and ensuring that all snags are closed out in a timely manner (within 1 week of been raised).
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, – all with the support of the Electrical package manager
- Implement a weekly look ahead ensuring co-ordination with vendors and trades.
- Issue internal weekly progress report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, e.g.: late deliveries.
- Maintain a weekly project photographic diary
- Developing a strong professional working relationship with the General Contractor, Client and 3rd party commissioning Teams key personnel
- All other duties associated with this role
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.