IT Support Analyst, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Provide front line & field IT support. Co-ordinate and manage site office setups and changes and act as primary escalation point for First Line Support.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Managing support calls from end users via different channels: helpdesk system, email, voicemail, telephone or in person
- Resolution of support calls in accordance with established Service Level Agreements – be that by the first line support person or by forwarding the ticket to other relevant personnel e.g System admin or third-party support resource
- Logging all support calls and follow up with caller to confirm problem resolution
- Performing a range of systems administrative tasks under supervision of System Admin
- Installing new computers and network equipment in site offices, including overseas locations (UK, Mainland Europe)
- Providing occasional on-site level 1 support.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Technical skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems with main focus on Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Experience with supporting standard office applications (Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, MS Teams, SAP)
- Good knowledge of Mobile Operating Systems (iOS, Android) and MDM platforms (Intune, Airwatch, MobileIron)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Server / Active Directory environment (end users/groups management)
- Experience with managing end users in Office365.
- Knowledge of sharing files and printers in Microsoft Windows network
- Familiarity with TCP/IP network
- Previous experience with appliance based site to site VPN links (Fortigate, Cisco, CheckPoint)
- Previous experience with administration of multi-site Active Directory environment.
- Previous experience with using and troubleshooting Citrix applications.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco switches (concept of vlans, subnets, trunks)
- Familiarity with remote support / access tools (LogMeIn, RDP)
- Basic experience with PC hardware (replacing hard drive, graphic card)
- Personal skills
- Problem solving – to take structured approach to problems
- Ability to manage and prioritize own tasks
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve end users' problem within Microsoft operating system environment
- Willing to constantly improve qualifications
- Windows 7 or 10
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
- Windows Server Active Directory (2012R2 or newer)
- Full Driving Licence
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now