BIM - 3D Piping Designer, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
At Mercury, we build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations.
Our solutions help deliver technologies that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things.
Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again, across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Semi-Conductor, Advanced Technology, Live Environment, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Healthcare & Building Services.
Our global team is over 2,800 people strong, and along with our supply-chain partners, we have 8,500+ people working on our client projects. We operate across over 16 locations in Europe and recorded overall turnover in excess of €1.5bn in 2021.
Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Produce co-ordinated 3D BIM piping models from 2D P&IDs and General Arrangement Drawings.
- Ensure correct fittings/components are used throughout to enable accurate fabrication and constructability.
- Include accurate piping supports as required.
- Carry out clash detection to ensure a clash-free design.
- Collaborate with engineers, other trade disciplines and other team members.
- Generate Piping Isometrics (ISOs) and verify accuracy.
- Document management using BIM360 or other Common Data Environment (CDE)
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 3rd Level Engineering or BIM qualification or Mechanical Trade background with good computer skills.
- Good working knowledge of the following:
- Carbon Steel, Stainless-Steel, and PVC pipe and fittings
- Piping supports / Unistrut Systems
- Piping fabrication and installation
- Ability to read and comprehend piping isometrics
- Proficient in reading P&IDs and schematics
- Familiar with working with scans & point clouds
- Motivated individual with good communication and organisational skills.
- Experience in some or all software’s below;
- AutoCAD Plant 3D
- CADWorx Plant
- CADWorx Structure
- Microsoft Office
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now