Project Manager, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Mercury is currently looking for an experienced project manager to join our pre-construction team. The role will be based in our head office in Dublin.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and independent individual that can contribute to our team with deep knowledge and understanding of how construction projects come together.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
The role will be focused in managing the pre-construction part of our bids and to present our proposed solution to the clients, including activities such as:
- Review the project documentation and set up a project execution plan for the proposal.
- Prepare presentations for the internal project review
- Prepare presentations for client meetings
- Engage with designers for proposals on detailed design development
- Engage with the delivery business unit to identify a team for the project
- Review tender deliverables and develop responses to all tender deliverables
- Drive a critical review of the project and table alternative proposals for a better delivery of the project
- Review the construction methodology to identify programme implications and any necessary temporary works.
- Plan out the logistics of the project and develop a draft logistics plan.
- Engage with supply chain to identify possible supply chain partners for the specific projects
- Review project responsibility matrix to clarify the scope for the bidding subcontractors.
- Review subcontract proposals and review technical / commercial comparison for evaluation and selection of preferred bidder
- Review requirements for lifting and cranes and develop a crane strategy for the project.
- Identify project risks and mitigation plans to deal with these risks.
- And many other interesting parts of the preparation of the proposal.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- M.Sc. in Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as project manager in industrial construction projects.
- Fluently communicating in German or French is an advantage.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employerApply Now