Telecoms Project Manager, Europe
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
This role is based in Europe on our projects over many countries, to travel within Europe is essential
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the project team and the Mercury Safety Advisor. This will include the set-up, management of and closing out of the safety file
- Management of Site QA in conjunction with Mercury QA Manager including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Mercury Project Team, Consulting Engineer and Client requirements
- Management of all costs associated with Project including:
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day to day site operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and staffing levels.
- Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor.
- Management of the Mercury “In Progress” snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable.
- Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager
- Upload to the project File key system, with the support of the project QS, internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, e.g.: late deliveries.
- Issue external weekly progress report, to all stakeholders, highlighting areas not available, and delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage
- Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team.
- Issue weekly safety stats & project labour projections.
- Hold weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are been captured and costs issued to the client.
- Develop and implement company procedures with the package managers
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
- All other duties associated with this role.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 3-5 years’ experience working in similar role
- Good technical knowledge of Telecoms Systems
- Good Computer skills - Windows, MS Office
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well within a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Essentical to be able to travel freely between european countries
- Telecoms Industry Certification
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.