Project Manager, Frankfurt, Germany
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
To deliver project management services within a live operating data centre environment which will be based in Europe. The position will be familiar with operating policies and procedures and ensure that projects under their control meet strict customer requirements in place at the facility.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensure that projects under their control are delivered safely on time and within budget.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reporting on project status that track % complete, schedule performance, baseline variance and costs.
- Maintain a register of all projects and ensure the status of each project is always known.
- Deliver all projects in line with both Mercury Engineering and the client’s health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that subcontractors used have been vetted by Mercury procurement department and are approved before use.
- Ensure that all work performed is delivered in accordance with the permitting requirements of Mercury’s electrical safety rules.
- Carry out routine inspection of the projects being executed to confirm they are being performed in line with the scope of work and schedule agreed.
- Ensure that a schedule and milestones are in place for all works and that subcontractor invoicing is measured in accordance with the schedule.
- Monitor that the subcontractors have sufficiently resourced the project being delivered to maintain the delivery schedule.
- The Project Manager will be able to manage various projects being delivered across multiple sites that are of varying size and complexity.
- The Project Manager will ensure that all works have an established execution plan, and a safe plan of work, and that the subcontractors are performing their work in accordance with the plan.
- Manage the contract budget and report at internal and client facing meetings on monthly status.
- Be the point of contact during significant events or multi-discipline technical escalations.
- Ensuring contractually agreed SLA’s and KPI’s within the Scope of Works (SOW) are met and necessary record retention demonstrating adherence.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Professional project management qualifications or a trade qualification.
- Detailed understanding and experience of electrical and mechanical systems used in a data centre environment, including Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS Systems, Battery Banks, ATS/STS Units, PDU Units, Air Handling Units, Chilled Water Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, and Fire Suppression Systems (pre-action sprinklers).
- Understanding all the associated safety code related requirements relative to providing the service.
- Experience in Health & Safety Risk Assessments and Control Measures.
- Experience in vendor management, ability to manage and monitor progress to ensure objectives are achieved for outsourced support and projects.
- Experience in Project Management principles & delivering DC project upgrade works.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client, employees and subcontractors.
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity.
- Ability to communicate technical and business problems in a non-technical manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment.
- Travel and working abroad will be required for this role
Mercury is an equal opportunities employerApply Now