Electrical Engineer, Madrid, Spain
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
This standard was developed to document key roles and responsibilities for Electrical Engineer Position.
- The Electrical Engineer is deemed to be the project owner for Electrical scope of work (Power Distribution, Switchboards, Lighting, Lightning, Grounding, Fire Detection, BMS and Security Systems) in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Deal with the client in coordination with Project Manager on all Electrical aspects of the project.
- To ensure all documentation and approvals are in place to permit the project commencement on his part.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager and Contract Manager - To administer all Electrical contracts correctly with the support of his project team.
- To develop the site specific QEHS plan with the Safety and QA/QC managers and to ensure all staff and trades are aware of the plan and the project goals.
- To ensure all Electrical site personnel undergo site induction and are suitably qualified and trained to perform their duties.
- To develop with the discipline leads and the project planner a constructible and detailed schedule for Electrical.
- To manage the integration of the project team across all disciplines and to ensure there is a co-ordinated team approach towards the project goals.
- To ensure that the focus on the project goals is maintained.
- To ensure that the build sequence is maintained, from ordering, deliveries to the equipment installation, to allow the fast track schedule to be achieved safely, within budget to the highest standard.
- To closely monitor the project schedule and to address any slippage, implementing a recovery plan where necessary.
- To report weekly to the project team on schedule, Quality, health, safety and environmental, Project risks and associated control measures and any commercial issues that may arise.
- To manage the complete Electrical staff on the project and to promote an incident and injury free culture
- To develop with the QS, Commercial Manager and contracts manager detailed Electrical Sub-contractor packages.
- To drive compliance with the Mercury Engineering project controls and procedures.
- To ensure timely issue of all project reports and meeting minutes.
- To monitor the performance of all Electrical staff.
- Develop and implement company procedures with the Electrical package managers
Above described responsibilities are for Project located in Madrid
One Year with potential extension to other Mercury Projects.
Vacations and other standard compensations according with Spanish Legislation.
Salary to be discuss according with responsibilities.
Senior Electrical engineer will report to Project Manager and to Operations Manager
Spanish and English Language are mandatory as well as Basic Computer knowledge.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now