MEP Construction Manager, Frankfurt, Germany
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Assist and lead pre-construction project meetings with the client and design team.
- Assist and lead in the management of Site Safety in conjunction with the project team and the Mercury Safety management.
- Play a lead role in the management of Site QA in conjunction with Mercury QA Manager.
- Aid in the management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Mercury Project team and Project manager.
- Management of and tracking of all costs associated with Project including: Labour, Materials, Plant& Equipment, Variations, Valuations.
- Support in the oversight of all day to day site operations.
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme)
- Direct management of Mercury Engineering project team including alignment of all discipline leads to the benefit of project goals.
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor and Mercury’s Package owners.
- Assistant in the management of the Mercury “In Progress” snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable in support of the QAQC Manager.
- Ensure direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours are reported to time administrator for tracking centrally. Issue weekly safety stats & project labour projections.
- Lead Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings.
- Lead and mentor junior members of the team
- Liaise with the client and establish a trusting relationship to ensure future project opportunities.
- To manage and drive a large team to meet with all project requirements and deadlines
- Planning of resources including labour, materials and sub-contractors
- To understand the nature of working in a live environment and appreciate the importance of maintaining all clients system during construction phases.
- Support with the close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager.
- Ensure your team contributes to the internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, eg: late deliveries.
- Champion company Safety implementation on site and Drive the Mercury Engineering culture of safety and quality through the project.
- Provide the safety and quality leadership required on all Mercury projects.
- Ensuring all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
- Assist with the Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team.
- Assist in projected labour projections from the field supervisors.
- Assist with the commercial team to ensure all variations are been captured and costs issued to the client.
- All other duties associated with this role.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Good strong knowledge of the full design and construction process
- Ability to control and manage people and programs
- A trade background or a relevant third level qualification
- Proven record of co-ordinating and managing large projects
- A minimum of 4 years as a Construction Manager
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.