Commercial Manager, Europe
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Validation of all tender and construction budgets to ensure strict compliance to agreed Margins
- Provide advice to Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Administrators on administration aspects including site instructions, optimal labour allowances, accurate forecasting methods and the protection of margins.
- Work closely with Procurement Department to manage the procurement process from inception to completion, ensuring the tender process is in accordance with company guidelines related to “Authority to let”, as well as sub-contractor agreements, and are within budget.
- Oversee the generation of Internal Monthly Cost Report / Month End Reviews to ensure compliance with validated margins.
- Full liaison with Business Unit Finance Department.
- Participate, prepare and review contracts and tenders to achieve commercially advantageous outcomes for a construction project and mitigating risks.
- Assessment and agreement of sub-contractor and supplier variations
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme/Schedule
- Manage the preparation and submission of applications for interim payment certificates and agreement of same with Clients Representative
- Manage insurance needs and settlements of construction projects that may, include public liability, professional indemnity and contract works.
- Actively manage dispute resolution and/or claims should they arise in conjunction with the Commercial Manager / External Consultants
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies.
- Manage project cash-flow on each project in conjunction with Finance Department
- Ensure that Project Team is complying with all Internal Procedures as per agreed Authority Matrix with Mercury Group
- Setup and maintain the risk and opportunity management process for the project.
- Nurture and maintain strong relationships with clients, subcontractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Work closely and mentor where necessary the commercial Staff and management as required
- Make recommendations to senior project staff on commercial and contract issues that are specific project related.
- Monitor and ensure correct procedures are followed on site in relation to any activity with commercial implications.
- Ensure that all contracts are administered correctly, inclusive of notices and contractual letters where required to mitigate risk to Mercury Engineering.
- Good communication skills at all levels, internal and external to Mercury are essential
- All other duties associated with that role
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.