Accounts Assistant, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
The successful candidate will be involved in the financial and management accounting of the Group’s entities. The role will be challenging and will offer exposure to all areas in the business.
- Maintenance of General Ledger including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Post Bank transaction and perform Bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Identify Monthly Prepayments & Accruals postings and reconcile each month.
- Maintaining the fixed assets register.
- Monitoring overhead costs across multiple departments and reporting variances against Budgets.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet.
- Analysis of FX movement across multiple companies.
- Assist with year-end audits.
- Ad-hoc duties within the finance team.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Qualified accountant technician and/ or part qualified accountant
- Excellent general computer skills with emphasis on Excel and MS PowerBI analytics.
- Excellent Communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload in order to meet strict deadlines.
- SAP an advantage but not a requirement.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now